About this Course
An effective leadership approach to integrate data science into your team’s work processes:
- Speeding up innovation
- Delivering superior products
- Shortening development cycles and reducing production costs
What you will learn
- Identify why statistical methods and empirical modeling are vital to your business
- Identify the role statistical methods, systems thinking, and empirical modeling play in your decision making
- Communicate effectively with your data science team by mastering key terms and concepts
- Get the information you need by asking meaningful statistical questions
- Define metrics to measure your team’s performance
- Determine what steps are crucial to achieving optimal products and processes
- Foster a culture of new ideas and continuous improvement in your business
Who Should Attend
Senior managers who lead teams of engineers and scientists in R&D and Operations in various industries
In-person or virtual through webinar platform
Individual and corporate pricing available on request
Cy Wegman specializes in data analytics and empirical modeling and optimization. Before joining Predictum, he worked for 38 years at Procter & Gamble, where his last assignment was the Empirical Modeling leader for the company.
Cy is a member of the P&G Prism Society, which represents the top 1% of P&G engineers, for profitably applying his technical mastery. His contributions have resulted in hundreds of millions of dollars in annual savings. His cross-industry work in manufacturing, engineering, and R&D has spanned molecular-scale to full-scale technologies, as well as material, formulation, process, packaging, and consumer models.
Cy holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.
Wayne Levin is the President and CEO at Predictum. He has been leading the charge of Predictum team for more than 25 years. He is passionate about delivering integrated analytical applications for engineers and scientists in various industries to improve productivity and operational performance. Wayne also leads statistical training courses and workshops, and speaks at conferences and events. He has forged a strong and longstanding partnership with JMP, a business unit of SAS Institute, as a major JMP customization and training partner. Wayne holds an M.A.Sc. in Engineering with a focus on research methods from the University of Waterloo and a B.A.Sc. in Industrial Engineering from the University of Toronto.
- Introductory Material
- Modeling Motivation
- Organizational Concepts and Systems
- Modeling Overview
- Concepts in Optimization
- Statistic Basics
- Statistical Process Control
- Capability Analysis
- Model Evaluation
- Design of Experiments