This 5-day course is a condensed, yet comprehensive, version of our Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) 12-day course. DFSS LITE is geared to participants who are unable to attend the 12-day course and wish to learn about DFSS principles in a shorter timeframe.
This course is designed to support participants who are working directly on DFSS projects. Interactive exercises throughout the course will enable students to grasp the concepts more readily. Handout materials include worksheets and templates.
Who Should Attend
Engineers, scientists, and technicians who design processes and/or products and would like to make improvements to their current design practices
General familiarity with computers and spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel, is helpful. This course requires the use of JMP software and working knowledge of ANOVA, Regression, hypothesis testing, and other basic statistical methods.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Write project charters
- Capture requirements to define the voice of the customer
- Produce quality function deployment (QFD) / House of Quality diagrams
- Conduct failure mode effects and analyses (FMEA/risk management)
- Use mistake-proofing techniques in manufacturing processes
- Design and analyze various types of experiments
- Create robust designs
- Set ranges of tolerance limits
- Build design scorecards
- Integrate multi-objective optimization in process design