You will be responsible for designing and developing custom integrated analytical applications based on customer requirements and using multiple programming languages. Your ability to grasp technical concepts and quickly learn a wide variety of programming languages is vital. The primary programming languages that you will be expected to use are JMP® Scripting Language (JSL), Python, R, and SQL. Competency in other programming languages, technologies, and platforms may be required as projects, application development, and customer specifications evolve. Interest in and familiarity with using statistical methods in an industry setting is a strong asset.
JSL allows developers to adapt and extend the functionality of the JMP statistical system to create powerful and imaginative data analysis applications. You can learn more about JSL by visiting JMP software.
Predictum is revolutionizing how engineering and science-based organizations in every sector boost productivity, innovation, effective problem solving, and continuous improvement. You will have the opportunity to collaborate directly with our clients and for them to get to know and appreciate your work. We invite you to join our dynamic team.
For working remotely, we require that you have high-speed internet access and experience with using business productivity software, such as Microsoft 365. Some travel to customer sites and office locations may be required. You must be legally authorized to work in the Canada or United States.
- JMP® Scripting Language (JSL)
- Windows/macOS/Unix environment scripting
- Design and development initiatives for new software features
- Develop software application following Agile software development methodology
- Translate customer business requirements into software requirement specifications and deliverables
- Collaborate with team members in performing system integration tasks
- Design, build and automate development and testing workflow and data flows
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in statistical language scripting (Python, R, JSL)
- Gather requirements from customers and transform them into software requirement specifications and deliverables
- Estimate work effort for project deliverables
- Explain technical concepts and details of software features and performance in plain English to non-technical customers and business contacts
- CI/CD experience (GitLab platform preferred)
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Research and development knowledge and data science experience (analytics and developing/deploying models) are assets
- Software product development experience is preferred
- Must be motivated, self-disciplined, a fast learner, and a self-starter, and able to multitask in managing competing priorities
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Provide daily status updates as to progress and blocking issues
- Ability to analyze requirements and develop solutions in abstract ways
- Integration experience with Docker and Kubernetes is an asset
- UX design experience is an asset
- Web development experience
- Cloud computing skills and experience
- Database experience with relational/non-relational databases
- Pharmaceutical and/or manufacturing industry experience is an asset
- Good work-life balance
- Health, vision, and dental benefits plan
Ready to Apply?
Please fill out the contact form and send a covering letter with your résumé and salary expectations to: careers [at] predictum.com
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but will only contact selected candidates who will advance in the hiring process.