Levels sought: Intermediate to Senior
Location: Works remotely
You will design and develop back-end services, including HTTP services, identity servers, full-text search engines, SQL and Graph databases, messaging systems, cloud computing, and Docker. Competency in other programming languages, technologies, and platforms may be required as projects, application development, and customer specifications evolve. Interest in and familiarity with using statistical methods in an industry setting is a strong asset.
Predictum is revolutionizing how engineering and science-based organizations in every sector boost productivity, innovation, effective problem solving, and continuous improvement. You will have the opportunity to collaborate directly with our clients and for them to get to know and appreciate your work. We invite you to join our dynamic team.
For working remotely, we require that you have high-speed internet access and experience with using business productivity software (Microsoft 365 is preferred). Some travel to customer sites and office locations may be required. You must be legally authorized to work in the Canada or United States.
- Design and development initiatives for new software features
- Develop software application following Agile software development methodology
- Translate customer business requirements into software requirement specifications and deliverables
- Collaborate with team members in performing system integration tasks
- Design, build and automate development and testing workflow and data flows
- .NET Core version 3.1 and higher back-end development experience
- For senior developers, more than 3 years of C# and .NET development experience
- PostgreSQL server
- Gather requirements from customers and transform them into software requirement specifications and deliverables
- Estimate work effort for project deliverables
- Explain technical concepts and details of software features and performance in plain English to non-technical customers and business contacts
- CI/CD pipeline experience (GitLab platform preferred)
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Research and development knowledge and data science experience (analytics and developing/deploying models) are assets
- Software product development experience is preferred
- Must be motivated, self-disciplined, a fast learner, and a self-starter, and able to multitask in managing competing priorities
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Provide daily status updates as to progress and blocking issues
- Ability to analyze requirements and develop solutions in abstract ways
- DevOps pipeline skills
- Kubernetes and Azure/AWS skills
- Web development and cloud computing skills and experience
- Software testing is a great asset
- Open-source contributor experience
- Domain-driven design knowledge and experience
- Database experience with relational/non-relational databases
- Pharmaceutical and/or manufacturing industry experience is an asset
- Good work-life balance
- Health, vision, and dental benefits plan
Ready to Apply?
Please fill out the contact form and send a covering letter with your résumé and salary expectations to: careers [at] predictum.com
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. We will only contact selected candidates who will advance in the hiring process.